If you or a loved one has experienced a sudden cardiac arrest, you know how traumatic and life-altering it can be. At Sudden Cardiac Arrest UK, our mission is to provide resources, information, and support to help survivors and families navigate the road to recovery. We’re here for you during this challenging time.
A sudden cardiac arrest stops the heart with no warning. Without immediate CPR and defibrillation, it’s usually fatal within minutes. But more people are surviving now than ever before. Recovery is possible, but it’s a marathon, not a sprint. There will be ups and downs, victories and setbacks along the way.
As a survivor, you may struggle with fatigue, memory problems, anxiety, depression or PTSD. We understand the struggles you face and want to help you achieve the best possible quality of life. As a family member or loved one, you may feel overwhelmed with providing care and support. We aim to provide the knowledge and connections that empower you to cope.
At Sudden Cardiac Arrest UK, you’ll find:
- Resources to understand what happened and what to expect looking ahead
- Tips for optimising your recovery and wellbeing
- Ways to connect with other survivors and families for mutual support
- Up-to-date information on technology, treatment options and the latest research
- Guidance on navigating healthcare, insurance, benefits and other practical matters
- Encouragement to reclaim meaning, purpose and joy in life after an SCA
You don’t have to walk this road alone. We’ve been where you are and our community understands what you’re going through. We’re here for you, every step of the way.
Let us support you on your road to recovery after sudden cardiac arrest.
Tickets are now on sale for the Survive and Thrive conference at the Staverton Park Hotel, Daventry, Saturday, 18th November 2023